Sunday, March 25, 2012

8 Weeks till Bluenose Half Marathon

Wow time is flying by and just 8 weeks until the Bluenose. The long runs are getting  tougher but it is great to run the route that I will be running on race day. Very luck with great weather for Sunday runs. Today was 14km and we did the waterfront boardwalk however with PPP Drive hill at the end then back to Spring Garden. I just get going slowing and stayed with the group. I find I have to start doing some more stretching and doing my exercises to strenghen abs and glutes. My IT band is starting to act up on my R leg so I have to do some preventative work and hoping to add a hot yoga class in this week and ongoing. It still feels so surreal that I am doing this ! LOL Why and I still in shock every Sunday after the run ? It is a great feeling of accomplishment. However I am pooped by mid afternoon and of course still take Piper for a walk. It is good to go for a slow walk to stretch my legs.

Val , Isabelle and Catherine were up for a highland dance compitition this weekend. It was great to have them stay with me and spend time with them. Isabelle is turning 9 in April and is so confident and mature for her age. She loves highland dance and is doing well in the competitions. She won another overall Beginner trophy today and only has one more  placing to move to the next level of comptition. It would be so nice to live close to Val and spend more time with her family.  I mentioned to Isabelle going camping with Blaise and me this summer in PEI and she said she would love too and Lachlan as well.

Another week down and only two more weeks of school work and I am free. One more assignment to do next weekend and looking forward to a break. I love the newness and freshness of spring. Not sure how much running I will get in this week as my church Lent Mission is Monday - Wednesday. May have to run at lunch time a few times this week.

Number of runs this week: 4
Longest run : 14. 7 km
Hill reapeats: 5 at PPP Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment