Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer in Halifax ( Finally )

I am glad to report that I am back to me ! I went back to work last Monday and it was a good week. I am still tired at the end of the day and very much miss my afternoon naps. This weekend we finally had some sun . There is nothing better than summer in Halifax. The city was hoping yesterday. The Paul McCartney concert on the hill, Jazz Fest, Dragon Boat festival. I did not have tickets for the concert but went down to walk around the perimeter. It was a nice night and there was thousands of people just out and on the perimeter. The gates from most vanatage spots you could see the large screen. Heather and Cathy and I found a good spot and stayed for the rest of the concert. It was so neat to be there and the energy from the crowd was amazing. Heather and I were in the right place at the right time and were very close to the motorcade and bus that Paul was on leaving the concert site. He was waving to the crowds it was such a surprise. Not bad for not paying for a ticket I say.

Next weekend is the Tall Ships Festival. I when they are in town. Walking along the Halifax waterfront at night with outdoor beer gargens, people, the ships all lit up. The best ! Hopefuly the the weather cooperates.

Blaise and I are enjoying our summer and staying close to home. No more big trips for the Curry's for awhile. Hoping to get to PEI for a weekend camping and of course Cape Breton but nothing much planned. That will keep use busy as we wait and enjoy our summer.

Happy Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment