Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Adoption Agency Bankruptcy

Adoption agency's bankruptcy devastates families - The Globe and Mail


This story hits very close to home and my heart. It is so unfair and unjust that this situation was allowed to happen. As a couple going through adopotion in NS I can not imagine how devastating this news would be to a waiting family. Every one who contemplates and discerns adoption as their way to build their family has already most likely already been through the pain and heartbreak of inferitily or miscarragies. What about these waiting children? Of course there will be lots of talk in the media about this and the ethics of international adoption . To me it all comes down to basic human needs to love, nurture and provide a home for children who need parents guide them on the journey of life, no matter what country or background they come from.

I don't know anyone personally affected but have been following some blogs of folks going through the journey of international adoption. I somehow feel a connection to families that have the courage to write about their situation and share their story with others. My prayers are with all of the couples that are affected by this situation . My hope is that they can find some peace in this situation .

No comments:

Post a Comment