Saturday, May 19, 2012

One more Sleep before first Half Marathon

Yikes ! The day is finally here ! Who is this crazy running person who has taken over me. The last 18 wks have been amazing. I have been focused, organized and doing all I can to ensure that I am ready. Two weeks ago my IT band issues resurfaced so I was a bit down but did more exercises, stretching and physio so now it is up to me to just Giv'er and get it done ! I feel so emotional. Life is so short. The Vegas trip was amazing but while we were there we found out our dear friend Tanya's sister in law was in hospital in ICU and fighting for her life and she passed away at age 36 with two young girls and a beautiful husband. I also was keeping in touch by facebook prayering for a friend who delivered triplets early at 23 wks and just saw on Friday that one of the triplets passed away at 44 days old. Heart breaking stories that remind us to not take life for granted. So I am running for me but also keeping in mind those that would love to run but can not. Thanks to my half marathon girls for keeping me going and for the enthusiastic group leaders who came every run and kept us on pace. John Stanton the creater of Running Room spoke at the friendship run and ecouraged us to enjoy the race, smile at the finish line and keep running a part of our healthy lifestyle. Yeah I am so excited and nervous but looking forward to meeting my goal Sunday morning. Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment