Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vegas Baby Vegas

I am hitting the airport in about an hour to head to Vegas with the girls. We are celebrating our 40th birthdays and have 5 nights booked at the Aria hotel at City Center. I am so excited just like Christmas morning. It has been a while since I traveled without Blaise. I will miss him and his humor but will have an awesome time with the girls. Running is going well but I injured IT band on Sundays long 18km run. It was a great run with a few hills that were not that bad but final 2km I had to limp home. I am so annoyed but trying to take it in stride. I know what I have to do ( squats, roller time oucch ! and hip hikes ) hmm so now I really have to do them more frequently. I am icing and resting and having a massage when I get back from my trip. With the walking in Vegas I should be OK and hope to run on treadmill at least once this week. On another note Blaise and I are waiting to hear about two potential sibling groups that our names have been put forward. We have been there before so we are prepared that it may not be us. I am leaving it up to God to handle the details and praying if it is meant to be that we will be picked. Gotta go collect my stuff and check my to do list to ensure I did not miss anything. I hope to take lots of pictures and post when I get back. Cheers Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment