Sunday, January 29, 2012

Run Karen Run




Sunday Morning Run January 22 - 25 !

Well I survived Wk Two of the Running Room ( RR) half Marathon training. It is really going well. I am enjoying the group and the weekday runs are 3km and 4km runs. I am finding it challenging but doable. The steady runs are getting easier and God Bless the stop light breaks in the city ! LOL I have also decided that I like the cold winter morning runs. You dress in layers and when it is really cold it is generally sunny and no rain or snow ! Of course I have to steel myself that I will be running in all kinds of weather in the next few weeks. So far the weather and sidewlks have been clear so that is motivating and keeps me going. I even did one lunch time run this week which I am going to try to fit into my schedule.

I am a bit tired this Sunday but I did go out to Danielle's 40th birthday party last night at the Lower Deck ! Blaise teased me because I did not drink more then 3 beer " I have a long run on Sunday " Oh no I am starting to sound like a crazy runner ! LOL . I have made a commmitment and I am going to stick it out.

Blaise has been wonderful and very supportive with helpful with walking Piper and helping with meals and my planning. Thanks Blaise ! It is tricky to work full time, take online course work, run and spend time with Blaise and Piperdog and friends.

Of course I can't help but think how do folks with kids do this! So I am embracing my present space in life and when kids come into our home we will work it out and I am confident that being active as a family will come naturally. Of course things will change but how fun will it be to be cheered on at the finish line by kiddies down the road ! Now that is an example and picture that keeps me running.



Number of Runs this week: 5
Longest Run this week: 7km

No comments:

Post a Comment