Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Saints Bowing in the Mountains

Do you know how beautiful you are?

I think not, my dear.

For as you talk of God,

I see great parades with wildly colorful bands

Streaming from your mind and heart,

Carrying wonderful and secret messages

To every corner of this world.

I see saints bowing in the mountains

Hundreds of miles away

To the wonder of sounds

That break into light

From your most common words.

Speak to me of your mother,

Your cousins and your friends.

Tell me of squirrels and birds you know.

Awaken your legion of nightingales—

Let them soar wild and free in the sky.

And begin to sing to God.

Let’s all begin to sing to God!

Do you know how beautiful you are?

I think not, my dear,

Yet Hafiz

Could set you upon a Stage

And worship you forever!

--Hafiz


This poem was presented at the end of Day 15 Chopra Center 21 Day Mediation Challenge. What a wonderful message for today's world.

I would highly recommend checking out the Chopra Center website and the resources online, beautiful inspiring resources to help us all be who we are meant to be " Divine Children of God " . I am finding that I am NOT having a difficult time reconciling my Catholic beliefs and the works and words and messages from Deepak Chopra. In fact I think this process of learning more about the Chopra Center and its work and starting a meditation practice has actually brough be closer to my Catholic faith. After all isn't the message of Jesus, of love, going with in to find your peace and to give back to the world.

Nameste

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment