Thursday, April 1, 2010

10 Years

Wow it has been 10 years since Blaise and I meet at the Simmons Tournament at home in 2000. We are getting ready to hit the road to the Bay today for Easter weekend and the tournament. It is always a fun time and hanging out at the Bayplex, it brings back memories of junior high and high school at the old Fourum watching hockey.

I have to admit that the past few years have been challenging to sit and watch all the kids play and cheer for " daddy". This year I may not spend as much time at the rink as I am feeling kind of vulnerable. I told myself I was not going to set any timelines in the journey to adoption however I realized this week that I unconsciously kind of hoped that maybe this year I would be going to the rink with a little one to cheer on daddy. OK I said it out loud ! Oh my nerves why do I set myself up like this. I realy really thought I was not setting any timelines and was real with my feelings.

Well I am human and Easter is another kid intense holiday with new life, and joy and kites and pail and shovels. I am going to try to focus on what Easter is all about and ask for the Lord to bless us on our journey and be grateful for all the blessings I have right now in our life.

I am also going to focus on getting fit and my running and set new goals in this area. Oh yeah a goldern retiriever puppy and a trip to Scotland and Ireland are on my list as well. !

Nameste

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment