Saturday, April 18, 2009

Springtime

Today I spent the afternoon cleaning up the back yard. It was a sunny almost warm day and spring was in the air. The tulips and and the leaves are just starting to bud. I am waiting for news of Valeries new baby and Christine and Troy have welcomed Charlotte to their family. Last week I spent time with the Pilling kiddies and it was certainly intersting. Boy oh boy are Blaise and I in for a shock. The kids are great and full of energy. I love watching them play so joyful and carefree. Rory at 2 is very expressive and his vocabualry is huge. I asked 3 year old Lachlan what do Blaise and I need to know to be good parents. Hmm well " You just have to play with them " Then I asked so what should parents do when children don't behave like parents would like. " Well , don't yell at them just talk to them " From the mouth of babes. This made me cry it was so simple to a 3 year old us adults make things soo complicated. I have a stack of books on adoption and parenting by my bed! LOL

1 comment: