Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anntie once again

Tuesday April 21 my sister Valerie had a healthy baby girl, Anna Mae Pilling . I am so thrilled for Valerie and Jody and their family. Anna is welcomed by Miss Isabelle ( 6) Lachlan(3) and Rory (2). Isabelle is very happy that mommy can make girls ! I truly believe every child is a miracle and very special. Anna is already muched loved by a large exteded family that has yet to even meet her. I hear she may even look like Valerie. Valerie is such an inspiration to me as a mother. She was born to be a mother , I remember when Andy and Steve were babies Valerie at 61/2 was much more a little mother than I was at 9. I very muched liked being the oldest and the " boss"of my other siblings. I am so proud of my baby sister.
I am so glad that I am in a place that I can truly share in the excitement of new babies. Now that we have moved on to adoption it does make me look forward to sharing our news with family when we are going forward with a match for us. I look forward to our potential children having fun with their cousins.

2 comments:

  1. Karen and Blaise...I am so happy and excited for both of you. You are about to embark on the journey of a lifetime. Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen and Blaise I am so happy to have the honor of being one of the first to comment on your' Adoption Blog'. What a nice idea and what a privlege it is to share this journey with you. I know there is a special child(or children)in your future and I can't imagine two people who could welcome a child with more love than you have to offer.I am praying for this blessing for you. I hate to brag, but Great Auntie Nina was one of first in the Family to see beautiful baby Anna, and yes she definitely looks more like her Mom than the other Pilling children-the picture of Valerie as a baby. Valerie looked radiant as always following her short labor, and is exuding Maternal hormones.It made me a bit nostalgic and sad to be a middle-aged menopausal maniac well past those happy baby years ( but just a bit sad, I'm over it now! Love to you.

    ReplyDelete