Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November is Adoption Month

Adoption as an option is my mantra lately. I find it so sad that I don't really see much promotion or advocacy for adoption as an option in Nova Scotia. I know some provinces are doing great work in this area. As I go through this journey and rollercoaster of waiting and from experiences from Special Needs Adoption Day I can't help but wonder if adoption was promoted would many of the situations that children in the system go through have been avoided.

I have to clarify that we fully went into adoption not expecting to adopt an infant and fully aware that we would be open to age range up to 6 yrs old. However lately I have been feeling that I want to do more to promote and support adoption as an option. I don't have any idea how this will look and if I have the heart to do this while I am " waiting".

Right now with November being adoption month I am praying for all the children in care, women struggling with unplanned pregnancy and for strength to continue our hopeful waiting.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment