Sunday, September 6, 2009

September Start of a new year

I love September it still feels like the start of the year for me. I think I enjoy it more than New Years. The weather starts to cool off and new beginnings of school and projects and work gets into high gear again. September makes me nostaligic for boing back to school and the fun of the first week back at classes at St.FX. Oh my nerves those were the crazy days. So much fun.

Today in church there was not one but two Christenings. OK lord you really do know how to try my strengh and resolve. I am soo much better than I was a year ago at handling these surprses and not almost passout from trying to hold in my tears. I am OK to let one or 2 slip away and I really do feel the spirt moving in me. Today was was daydreaming about when we will be Christening our adopted children. So I am very hopeful and know it is going to happen and trying to visualize and be calm but I want it right now.

I have enjoyed looking at my friends summer pictures and first day of school pictures and looking forward to that for our family. However it does remind me of when I was single and " all" my friends were married and I felt left out of the the club. I felt then like I do know that something wonderful and amazing is in store for me and that God will answer my prayers in a way that I could not even imagine.

So even with my moments of frustration I am hopeful and patiently waiting.

I am also patiently waiting for baby King to arrive the end of September and baby Stiles. I am so happy for Leah and Sylvia and can't wait to welcome their bundle of joy to the world. It is very humbling to watch my friends go through the journey of motherhood.

Que sera sera !

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment